The Annual Conference will be held October 8-10 and will take place in uptown Charlotte, NC, at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. Please check out our promo video for the conference here. We are very excited about the conference and will work hard to ensure that it is a great experience for all who attend!
We are currently working on establishing committees for the conference. Please review the positions below and then use the NCHO Committee Interest Form (or link below) to indicate the areas in which you feel most interested. If you are interested in being a committee chair, you can indicate that on the interest form. Please feel free to share this information with anyone on your team that you feel may be interested.
Interest Form: https://goo.gl/forms/LYr6yDcgSF88Bdn42
- Registration/Marketing: Nametags, special ribbons, registration lists, walk-up registrations on site, developing conference evaluations, conference program, conference marketing materials/graphics etc.
- Hospitality/SWAG: 1st time attendees, welcome table/conference concierge area, “break room/stress free zone”, gathering information packets from Charlotte Visitor’s Bureau, get SWAG from participants/departments/area vendors to give out at registration table, door prizes, etc
- Logistics: Coordinate room set-ups, work with parking, conference meals/receptions, work with area hotels arrangements, catering, technology, etc.
- Professional Development: Recruit professionals to review resumes, conduct mock interviews, host conference speed networking, NCHO Awards, etc.
- Social Events/Excursions: Develop list of area restaurants for dinner, develop area listing of special things to see/do, set up campus tours, Charlotte shuttle, etc.
- Vendor Fair: Coordinate Associate/Vendor booth space to showcase goods and services to Student Affairs staff around the state
- Educational Programs: Coordinate educational programming including breakout sessions, poster presentations, call for programs, presenter selection, session evaluations, session descriptions for program book, session introductions/logistics, and thank you cards
- Keynote Speakers: Coordinate Conference keynote speakers
- Service/Volunteer Project: Coordinate service/volunteer project for conference participants
- Silent Auction: Solicit donations of items for Silent Auction to fund-raise for associations