Introducing the Professional Development Challenge!
NCHO is excited to kick-off a Professional Development Challenge open to all NCHO members! Members automatically participate in the challenge by attending any professional development or engagement opportunity within NCHO. Attendance and engagement is tracked automatically by the NCHO Professional Development Committee.
Gain points for participating in the following activities:
- Attend the Annual Conference – 50 points
- Attend the Social Justice Drive-In – 40 points
- Attend the HBCU Drive-In- 40 Points
- Participate in a Webinar – 20 points
- Host a webinar- 30 points
- Submit an Article for the NCHO Sign Post – 10 points
- Be featured in an Article for the NCHO Sign Post – 15 points
- Submit an Article for the SEAHO Report – 20 points
- Be featured in an Article for the SEAHO Report – 25 points
- Submit a proposal for a conference/drive-in- 10 points
- Present at a conference/drive-in- 20 points
- Attend a NCHO social/ networking event- 10 points
- Join a NCHO committee or working group- 10 points
- Serving on a conference host committee- 15 points
- Tagging NCHO on social media- 2 points per tag/ post (maximum 20 points)
- Takeover NCHO social media accounts – 10 points per tag/ post (maximum 50 points)
Check-out these awesome incentives:
- Members who reach at least 200 points– Enter in a drawing to receive an Annual Conference registration waiver to cover the full cost of registration
- Top 10 participants with more than 150 points will receive a FREE NCHO T-shirt/Swag Item
- Participants with 120-199 points will be entered in a drawing to win a waiver to cover 50% of registration Covered at Annual Conference
- Participants with 100 points or more will be featured in NCHO Sign Post
Calendar of NCHO Events
There are many ways to continue your professional development beyond the Annual Conference with opportunities presented by NCHO! Click through the calendar for upcoming professional development events!
Come upcoming events to look out for include:
- NCHO Annual Conference
Year-Round Professional Development Opportunities
NCHO also offers additional year-round professional development through its various committees, listserv and seasonal publication of the Signpost!
- In order to serve on a committee, please head over to the NCHO Committees page and fill out an application!
- Make sure that you are subscribed to the NCHO Listserv for the latest news, discussions, job postings, engagement opportunities and more!
- Check out the latest edition of the Signpost! To submit an article or update for the Signpost, please contact the Communications Coordinator.
Do you have any ideas that you would like to share with NCHO? Want to host a professional development opportunity, or spread the word to NCHO members to attend? Please reach out to the Professional Development Chair or the Professional Development Committee Chair-select