The 2022 NCHO Annual Conference Call for Proposals is now open! We invite educational sessions that connect to our conference theme “Together Towards Tomorrow”. Sessions blocks are 45 minutes in length and will take place at the Annual Conference on October 17th-19th, 2022 in Greensboro, North Carolina.
The Call for Proposals opens July 15th, 2022 and closes September 9th, 2022.
Program notification will be by September 23rd, 2022.
Conference Content Areas
- Futuristic (assessment, strategic planning, departmental initiatives, retention, technology)
- This category should include presentations about how assessment guides future efforts, work around strategic planning, initiatives put on by your department, practices put in place to retain staff, or how technology is aiding in future work. Programs highlighting the idea of being futuristic and considering what could be, what might be, and how one may direct themselves toward this future also fall into this category.
- Innovation (recruitment, selection, training, advising, supervision, assignments, sticks & bricks)
- This category should include presentations about innovative approaches to recruitment, selection, training, advising, and supervision on both a student and professional staff level. The category also includes innovative approaches to housing selection, room changes, building renovations, or new buildings. Programs highlighting innovation that inspire creativity, openness to new things, and willingness to take risks and push ideas forward also fall into this category.
- Development (student development, professional development, team development, personal development)
- This category should include presentations about developing student staff and/or student leaders, professional development, developing a team, or personal development such as life skills. Programs highlighting what skills are needed to help lead in the development of staff and how to teach skills on development also fall in this category.
- Collaboration (campus partnerships, public/private partnerships, departmental partnerships, academic partnerships)
- This category should include presentations about working collaboratively with partners internally, institutionally, and externally. Topics may include Public-Private Housing partnerships, Academic Initiatives, Living Learning Communities, Residential Learning Programs, Specialized Housing, Theme Housing, Greek Life, Conduct, responding to students of concern, First Year Experience, service learning, etc.
As you prepare to submit your proposal, the following questions will be asked in the submission form:
- First and Last Name of all the presenters
- Email of all the presenters
- Presenter(s) Experience & Target Audience
- The presenter(s) should describe their familiarity with the topic selected and a description of the audience you are targeting – 150 word limit
- Program Title
- The program title should include the name of the program; particularly gauging the theme of the presentation. Be sure that the program title pulls participants in- 10 word limit
- Three (3) Defined Goals & Learning Outcomes
- The defined goals and learning outcomes should clarify presenter expectations and make it easier for understanding—and—competency to be achieved by participants.
- Please select which category best fits your program theme
- Futuristic, Innovation, Development, Collaboration
- The abstract will be listed as the program description for participants to read and choose a session – 60 word limit
- Proposal (You will be asked to upload a word document with this information)
- The body of the proposal will include textual information including an outline of the program and any theoretical models or frameworks used in the presentation.
- Note: that the position of NCHO is that diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) is integral and ingrained into the work we do. Therefore proposals should take into consideration and speak to the influence, impact, and outcomes of DEI.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to Professional Development Chair Erin Schneller (email@example.com)