The NCHO Student Leadership Drive-In aims to create an opportunity for student leaders who work directly with or alongside Residence Life and Housing programs to come together to make connections, share ideas, and learn from other student leaders from across the state. Student leaders include, but are not limited to, Resident Advisers/Resident Assistants, Desk Assistants, Village Mentors, Residence Hall Association (RHA) members, and National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH) members.
2024 Student Leadership Drive-In – March 23, 2024
We are excited to have Methodist University serving as the host institution for our 2024 Student Leadership Drive-In.
Date: Saturday, March 23, 2024
Location: 5400 Ramsey St, Fayetteville, NC 28311
All participants must fill out this google form in addition to submitting payment on Eventbrite. On Eventbrite, you can purchase more than one ticket at a time. We ask that you ensure that the number of tickets you purchase equal the same amount of submissions on the google form.
Early Registration: Oct. 20- Nov. 20, 2023
Cost: $45/person + Eventbrite fees
Regular Registration: Nov. 21- Dec. 31, 2023
Cost: $50/person + Eventbrite fees
Late Registration: Jan. 1- Feb. 1, 2024
Cost: $60/person + Eventbrite fees
- Registration cancellations on or prior to December 31, 2023 will receive a 100% refund.
- Registration cancellations between January 1, 2024 and February 1, 2024 will receive a 50% refund.
- Refunds will not be given for any registration cancellations after February 1, 2024.
Cancellation requests must be received via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We invite you to submit a program proposal that focuses on our four topic areas:
- Build skills (programming ideas, bulletin boards, administrative skills, time management, etc)
- Coaching (tough conversations, helping others, boundaries, etc)
- Taking it to the next level (growth in the position, transferable skills, etc)
- Handling fouls (conduct, incidents, difficult behavior, professional challenges, etc)
Program Proposal submissions will be collected between November 1, 2023 – February 1, 2024. When you go to submit a proposal, you will be asked the following questions:
- First and Last Name of primary contact
- Email for primary contact
- Institution Name
- Program Title
- Learning outcomes for the session
- Length of program (you will have the option to decide between 30 or 50 minutes)
- Audience for the program (Student or Professional)
- Description of the program (This will go out to all attendees)
- Program outline
- Category for the program (Build skills, coaching, taking it to the next level, handling fouls)
|8:30 am Check-in Opens|
|9:30 a.m. Welcome and Keynote|
|10:30 a.m. Session I (30 and 50 minute sessions)|
|11:30 a.m. Session II (30 and 50 minute sessions)|
|12:30 p.m. Lunch|
|2:00 p.m. Session III (30 and 50 minute sessions)|
|3:00 p.m. Session IV (30 minute sessions only)|
|3:45 p.m. Swap Shop|
|4:30 p.m. Awards, Thank Yous and Departure|
We invite institutions to consider bringing items to donate for the food drive geared towards supporting local public schools that provide lightweight food to be sent home with food-insecure children.
Examples of items include: Raman, EasyMac, Nutrigrain bars, big bowl Chef Boyardee, fruit cups, Granola Bars, etc.
If institutions would like to arrive on Friday, March 22, 2024, Methodist University will provide space to sleep in their Fitness Center. You must bring a sleeping bag and any other items you may need for the night.
Please inform the Conference Chair by March 8, 2024 if your institution would like to take advantage of this opportunity.
Institutions are also more than welcome to explore local hotel options.
Conference Chair Contact Information
Nan Fiebig (she/her/hers) at email@example.com